5th – 7th March 2021
The 2021 Edition of the Jack Crawford is now live!!! Take part in the seniors / juniors competition and post your time here. Enjoy!!
Entries and Submissions:
Springburn Harriers are delighted to bring you, in virtual form, the Jack Crawford 10k and Junior Jack Races! This event is licensed by Scottish Athletics.
Under current COVID restrictions, Senior athletes are permitted to run the event with one other person.
We are donating 100% of the entry fee to Marie Curie – £2 for the 10K and £1 for the 3000m, 1500m and 500m races. (Note; a small admin fee is levied by EventBrite to cover the cost of the transaction).
- 10km – ages 15+ best time by an individual and by gender
- 3000m – ages 12+ best time by an individual and by gender
- 1500m – ages 9+ best time by an individual and by gender
- 500m – ages 5+ best time by an individual and by gender
- Results must be submitted online through the Springburn Harriers website – check back here during the race window!!
- Athletes must submit their results using Garmin/Strava. Runs should be made public on the Garmin and Strava accounts
- No laps less than 1K (for the 3K and 10K race)
- Start and finish reasonably close to the same point with a net loss in elevation of less than 5m
- Mapometer may be used to plot your route – https://gb.mapometer.com/
- Runs must be done between 00:01 on Friday 5th March 2021 and 23:59 on Sunday 7th March 2021
- There should be one attempt per person
- Results should be submitted by 23:59 on Monday 8th March 2021 (check back here during the race window!!)
- Garmin/Strava are the only apps that can be used, and accounts should be made public
General Rules – Safety
- Athletes MUST avoid popular running/walking routes or busy parks
- Be considerate to other people by keeping a 2m (minimum) distance at all times when passing
- DO NOT drive more than 5 miles to run
- Runners under 13 on the race dates must be supervised by a responsible household member at all times and runners under 15 should be accompanied if appropriate.