SPRINGBURN HARRIERS VIRTUAL CANTER 6K, 1500m and 3000m RACES
21st August 2020 to 28th August 2020
We are donating 100% of the entry fee to the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Neonatal Charity – £2 for the 6K and £1 for the 1500m and 3000m
- Registration is through Q-buster online – https://www.q-buster.co.uk/SH-Virtual
- The entry fee is a donation to the Neonatal Charity
- 6km – best time by an individual and by gender
- 6km – best time by a club/team (teams to be made up of either 4 men or 3 women)
- 1500m – P4 – P7, best time by school stage and gender
- 3000m – S1 to S4, best time by school stage and gender
- Results should be submitted online through the Springburn Harriers website: springburnharriers.co.uk/
- Athletes must submit their results using Garmin/Strava. Runs should be made public on the Garmin and Strava accounts
- Club and team results will be calculated using combined valid runs. Clubs can enter as many teams as they wish.
- No point to point runs
- No laps less than 1K (for the 6K race)
- Start and finish at the same point with no net loss in elevation
- Mapometer may be used to plot your route – https://gb.mapometer.com/
- Runs must be done between 00:00 on the 21st August 2020 and 23:59 on the 28th August 2020
- You can run or walk
- You can take part as a family
- There should be one attempt per person
- Results should be submitted by 12:00 Sunday 30th August to the Springburn Harriers website: https://www.springburnharriers.co.uk/
- Garmin/Strava are the only apps that can be used, and accounts should be made public
General Rules – Safety
- Athletes MUST avoid popular running/walking routes or busy parks
- Be considerate to other people by keeping a 2m (minimum) distance at all times when passing
- DO NOT drive more than 5 miles to run
- Runners under 13 on the race dates must be supervised by a responsible household member at all times and runners under 15 should be accompanied if appropriate.
All current Scottish Government guidelines regarding Social Distancing must be strictly adhered to.
Any changes to these guidelines will be implemented immediately.
You can view the Scottish Athletics Safe conduct rules here [added 16th of June 2020].